Saturday, May 3, 2014

I am going through so many changes all at the same time that I am having a hard time remembering to breathe. I bought a house a few months ago. It has been quite the adventure! I am trying to fix and remodel everything, because my perfectionist side is not comfortable without trying to improve things. The week I moved into my house, I felt strongly that I was supposed to quit my job, so I did. I put in my letter of resignation and will not be returning to Aberdeen in the fall. I am heartbroken to leave all of my friends, but I must do what I feel is right. So the following week after moving into my house, I began putting in my applications to school districts. I have interviewed in one school district with no success. I have two more interviews this week and I am praying for the best, but I am so nervous. I don't know what I would be if I wasn't a teacher! Also, last week I turned 31. I am supposed to officially leave my singles' ward, but I am not sure how to leave more friends. I will be going to a family ward where I will not fit in, because I don't have a family. I decided I had to postpone this change, because I cannot lose all those I love at the exact same time. I am having a hard time breathing, let alone trying to do it by myself. I also am preparing to have one of my dearest friends move away! Also this week I started my Masters. I am trying to get my graduate degree in 6 months, instead of 24. I am crazy, but I want to do this as quickly as possible. I sometimes feel all alone and feel like I can't keep moving forward. Recently I had to give a talk on Enduring through Opposition. This is proof that Heavenly Father has a sense of humor, because it was a few weeks before my life was changing in so many ways. I have felt my Father-in-Heaven's help many times along this last few months, but especially in the last few weeks, as I have refocused my mind on what is important. I have started to read my scriptures again and started to pray more fervently. I can feel His all-encompassing arms around me! What a great blessing! Thanks for reading! It was cathartic to get this off my chest and onto a page. Thanks again!

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I saw your link on Facebook and wanted to read. Yay for having a blog! Lots of changes. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can find a good job soon. Have you thought about teaching online for a year? Or you could start a preschool--I've been working in a preschool and I had forgotten how fun those kiddos can be at that age. You would be an awesome preschool teacher and Blackfoot is in need of preschool options.
    I also wanted to tell you that moving to a new ward is hard. When Pablo and I went to our first week of church here in Savannah I was expecting a nice, big welcome from all of the members. Not. Not a single member of the bishopric said hello or welcomed us, no one even told us how to find Sunday School and the girl two people down from me in RS had a kitten in her purse. It was so hard to go back the next week and the week after. Whenever we would tell people in the ward that we were students they kind of just shrugged us off. It was hard! After about 4 or 5 weeks I got called to be the 2nd counselor in the RS. I was so shocked because I felt like I didn't know anyone, didn't have any friends in the ward and I was so overwhelmed. This has turned out to be a huge blessing--I've now made so many friends and feel "at home" in our ward. I guess I'm sharing all of this because of your comment about not fitting into your new ward. I honestly believe that if we make an effort, we will fit in!
    Good luck with ALL of your changes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becki!
    I actually have thought about teaching online, as well as starting a preschool in my house. I am trying to keep my options open, since I felt like I was supposed to quit my job. I know the Heavenly Father has a plan for this. :-) I am just not a very patient person! :-)
    Thank you for your advice in moving to a new ward! I am aware it is a very GREAT ward that I am moving into, so I will be blessed, but I am also very shy and don't like to socialize until I feel comfortable, but I don't feel comfortable until I socialize! HAHAHA! I am such a oxymoron! ;-) I am sure Heavenly Father has a plan in all of these changes, but I want to be comfortable, not go out of my comfort zone! :-) Thanks for your advice! I will try to remember it and try to have a positive attitude! :-) Have a great day and thanks for being who you are and for accepting me despite all of my idiosyncrasies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lizzy! Sounds like the possibilities are endless right now- albeit nerve racking to boot! It's so exciting that you have your own home and the opportunity to make new friends wherever this next chunk of life takes you! Good luck I'm sure that you will be directed to know what you need to do. Continue to trust in God and His plan for you because he has a plan far greater than you can imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Deanna! I am feeling great about all the opportunities! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my experience, change is never easy, but always worth it when it is part of Heavenly Father's plan. He molds and stretches us, which is often painful and scary, but we learn to trust Him and grow exponentially due to our dependence on him. Also, MAN, if you were a preschool teacher that lived by me, I would LOVE it! I also loved Becki's suggestion of online teaching.... then you COULD teach my kids! :) Sending my love and prayers for you. You are such a wonderful, kind woman, I'm grateful to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I truly appreciate it! :-) I have heard many people want me to teach preschool...maybe someday!! :-)

    ReplyDelete